Federal Tort

If you are a service member of the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Army or another branch of the military, you probably already know that you cannot sue the government if you are injured in the course of duty.

  • On the other hand, you might not know that your dependents (your spouse and child or children) can make an injury claim under provisions of the Federal Tort Claims Act if they are injured in a military hospital or on any other government property.
  • Also, you might not know that you could file an injury claim against a negligent third party (such as a subcontractor or an equipment manufacturer) if you, the military service member, were injured in the course of your service.

McGowan & Cecil, LLC, in Laurel, Maryland, is a full-service personal injury law firm. We handle a wide spectrum of injury claims, including Federal Tort Claims Act cases involving claims against the United States government or claims against negligent third parties. Our lawyers welcome inquiries from injured governmental contractors and injured army and navy personnel dependents. We offer free initial consultations and case evaluations.

Were you injured in a fire, a car accident or an explosion caused by a government worker or a slip-and-fall accident on government property: for example, in a negligent military hospital? We can help you determine how to pursue and obtain maximum available compensation.

Contact A Laurel Attorney For Injuries Caused By The Government

For information, advice and representation in injury cases involving military claims, contact us. Discuss the facts of your case with one of our experienced and knowledgeable Maryland Federal Tort Claims attorneys.