Get compensation for your carbon monoxide injury in Maryland

With all the preventative measures able to be put into place today, carbon monoxide poisoning is not something you should have to worry about at work. With a simple carbon monoxide alarm, you can be quickly alerted to the dangerous odorless, colorless gas that can lead to lasting injury and death. A business that doesn't have this kind of alarm in place could be construed as negligent and if you were working on site when you were injured, you may be able to seek compensation for your pain and suffering.

You could come across carbon monoxide in various places. Furnaces and boilers that aren't working right could leak the dangerous gas, or vehicles turned on and left in a locked and sealed garage could cause carbon monoxide poisoning to anyone who enters. From space heaters to fireplaces, this gas is common enough to hurt you at work, at home or any other indoor location.

Of course, most of the time, engines and products are designed to vent and release the dangerous fumes. Unfortunately, when a vent is blocked, that carbon monoxide can build up and rise to very dangerous levels. It can cause people trapped with it to pass out or even die from a lack of oxygen. Brain damage, hypoxia, dizziness, weakness, and other symptoms are all results of carbon monoxide poisoning.

If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one to carbon monoxide poisoning on the job, you deserve to have your story heard and to get the compensation you need to help yourself and your family. To learn more about your rights following a wrongful death or personal injury on the job, please visit our workers' compensation webpage. It's full of important information regarding the benefits available from workers' compensation insurance.

Related Posts
  • Will workers' compensation cover any injury on the job? Read More
  • Important facts for harbor workers injured on the job Read More
  • Injured back? Surgery rates vary by location in the U.S.A. Read More