The Top 10 Arguments a Defense Attorney/Insurance Company Will Make to Deprive an Injured Person from Being Fairly Compensated For Their Injuries
- That the accident was your fault. Even if you are injured in a rear end collision they will argue that you made a sudden stop or that you struck the car in front of you first.
- That the property damage was not bad enough to have caused an injury.
- That you were not injured because you did not go to the Emergency Room.
- That if you were injured you were all better in 4-6 weeks.
- That any injuries were due to a prior accident or medical condition
- That any injuries were due to a subsequent accident or medical condition.
- That when you stopped medical treatment you were fully recovered from your injuries.
- That when you had a month gap in your medical treatment you were fully recovered from your injuries.
- That you are making a claim of injury to get prescription drugs.
- That you were not injured because you did not miss any time from work.
An experienced attorney who is retained immediately after an accident can eliminate many of these arguments and prepare strong arguments in response to any that remain. This will help prevent an injured person from unfairly being deprived of fair compensation for their injuries.