Recovering Lost Wages as a Result of Injuries From an Accident

If you are injured in an accident, due to someone else’s negligence, you can make a claim for your medical bills, your lost wages and your pain and suffering. If you were married at the time of your accident, you also have a claim for the damage to your marital relationship, which is called Loss of Consortium.

Lost wages include the time that you miss from work because you were physically unable to perform your job due to your injuries and the time that you miss from work to receive medical treatment.

Even if your employer pays you for the time that you missed from work, you are still entitled to make a claim. This is because the Law does not want to let the person who caused your injury off the hook just because you have a generous employer. This is known as the Collateral Source Rule.